Name:

Three individuals (Charlotte, Caroline and Jon) set out to discover the best of the best Pop Tarts created by Kelloggs.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Plain Blueberry

I have tried plain blueberry many times in the past and often cite is as one of my top two tarts (plain strawberry being the other). however, this may be due to the fact that, for a long time, those were the only two I ever tried. Anyway, I bought a box at Hannaford at lunchtime the other day. Appreciating Caroline's recommendation that raw tarts must be given due testing, I wolfed down both raw tarty blubes before I got back to the office (which is only about 2 minutes away). I found that I didn't enjoy unfrosted pastry as much untoasted. and while I usually love those crispy little corners, these corners just tasted lardy and cold. It also left a weird, chemical aftertaste in my mouth. the insides were cold but still nice and tarty and tasted vaguely of real blueberries (I have bushes and bushes of luscious blueberries at home that are currently ripe, so I now what I be sayin here).but then I ate two more packages (or was it three) that night toasted (I'm know, I'm a gluttinous pig), and they were exceptional. I rate the plain blueberry poptarts a solid 4 on the PTart scale. Untoasted, they are not even worth rating. - Charlotte

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home