Name:

Three individuals (Charlotte, Caroline and Jon) set out to discover the best of the best Pop Tarts created by Kelloggs.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Frosted Rasperry

I was really excited about the frosted raspberry. I anticipated red filling with white frosting. I was also excited about the raspberry flavor, because the only two fruit flavors of PT I have experienced were blueberry and strawberry. Well, the frosted raspberry did indeed have a bright red filling, but it was definitely too bright, too red -- like they added too much of that carcinogenic Red No. 5. The frosting was white and I noticed that when it was toasting (after the blueberry experience I am sorry to say I have very little desire to try another untoasted tart of any flavor), the flecks of red candy imbedded in the frosting were bubbling and sizzling -- some even jumped ship and plummeted to a sizzling, fiery death in my toaster. So I was pretty excited. MUCH to my chagrin, I was sorely disappointed. The filling and those little red candies on top were WAY too sweet (so sweet my teeth hurt), too red, too much like candy. Unlike like plain strawberry (still my favorite), which retains some semblance of hearty-crisp-pastry-with-semi-real-fruit-filling, the frosted raspberry was an abomination of sugar and fake colors. I score it a 2.5. I almost didn't want to finish the box of them (but you know I did). - Charlotte

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home